Monday, January 26, 2009
Week One: Day One
Lunch -
I cheated and bought lunch. Way to start the project!
Dinner -
Mom's World Famous Porkchops
Wild Rice
Salad with Oil and Vinegar
The recipe for the Porkchops, courtesy of my mom, is pretty simple, but delicious. Take one of the chops and use the fatty side to grease a heated skillet over med. heat. Put two chops into the pan and add a mixture of 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup water. Put a lid on the skillet so that it is slightly askew, turn the chops once during cooking and add 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup water again. If the liquid cooks down completely during cooking, add more water and soy. I don't have the exact time for cooking, but it's about 10 minutes on the first side and 7 minutes on the second side.
The wild rice was on hand (rare for NYC, I'm sure). The salad was simply lettuce with a dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (all on hand).
Like I said, my mom's recipe for pork chops is delicious, so we were both happy and satisfied.
I cheated and bought lunch. Way to start the project!
Dinner -
Mom's World Famous Porkchops
Wild Rice
Salad with Oil and Vinegar
The recipe for the Porkchops, courtesy of my mom, is pretty simple, but delicious. Take one of the chops and use the fatty side to grease a heated skillet over med. heat. Put two chops into the pan and add a mixture of 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup water. Put a lid on the skillet so that it is slightly askew, turn the chops once during cooking and add 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup water again. If the liquid cooks down completely during cooking, add more water and soy. I don't have the exact time for cooking, but it's about 10 minutes on the first side and 7 minutes on the second side.
The wild rice was on hand (rare for NYC, I'm sure). The salad was simply lettuce with a dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (all on hand).
Like I said, my mom's recipe for pork chops is delicious, so we were both happy and satisfied.